6.1.1 What services are provided by Work Incentives Counseling (WIC)?
Work Incentives Counselors perform the following tasks:
- Provide work incentives planning and assistance, notably including a 'Benefits Summary and Analysis' that spells out the various consequences (for SSDI, SSI, and various other public benefits) of a return to work;
- Help you determine eligibility for various Federal, state and local programs;
- Explain SSA's Ticket-to-Work program and the full array of vocational services and supports available to you;
- Refer you to appropriate agencies and organizations, such as the vocational rehabilitation agency and service providers funded by Ticket-to-Work;
- Provide information about health coverage benefits from employer-based and federally subsidized programs;
- Inform you of protection and advocacy services that are available; and
- Counsel you on wage reporting requirements for SSA benefits and other benefits and supports.